- By: littlelocksmithadmin3
- Tags: door unlocking without key, unlock door, unlock door with bobby pin
- Category: Lock Picking, Locksmith Singapore, Unlock Door
- 0 Comments
You would probably have seen this a lot in the movies where a lock can quickly be disabled with a few twists of the bobby pin. Though it’s not as easy as it looks, it is one of the viable ways of unlocking your door. First verify that your door lock is tumbler pin lock. These are the type of locks that can easily be bypassed with a bobby pin. Bobby pins aren’t ready-made lockpicks so the bobby pin has to be manipulated first to be work a lockpick set.
- First, cut off the rubber tips of the pins so that they can fit into the lock.’
2. Bend one of the pins out so that the two sides form a 90-degree angle. Take this pin and bend the top centimeter or so of the flat end to make a small hook. This will be your pick.
3. Bend the other bobby pin similarly to make a lever. This will be your tension lever.
Now that the pins are ready, you can start working on the lock itself. Follow these steps to unlock the door.
- Insert the tension lever and use it to push the lock counterclockwise. So long as you keep a little bit of force here, the driver pins won’t be able to fall back down into place.
- Insert the pick and feel for pins.
- When the end of your pick is aligned with a key pin, push down on the pick to push the pin upwards. This will, in turn, push the driver pin upwards. Again, so long as you have the lock slightly rotated, the driver pin won’t fall back down.
If unlocking your door does not work a bobby pin, then you might want to give up and call a locksmith in Singapore to help you out.
Little Locksmith Singapore provides reliable locksmith services in Singapore that can help you with your residential or commercial lock emergencies. We can help with all kinds of door lock services if you are in need of a change in locks or even door lock repair in Singapore. To see how we can help, take a look at our blog and projects. We guarantee workmanship quality with warranty, and you can read all about it in our locksmith reviews in Singapore. We operate islandwide and you find our locksmiths near you. Call +65 6653 6259, Whatsapp or email us at email@example.com to find out more about our services.