What You Need to Know Before A Door Lock Repair
In Singapore, having door locks is paramount for personal safety. Opting for functional but modern locks keeps all the intruders out while keeping you and your personal items safe. If your door has already been a victim of forced entry, then you might be in need of a new and working door lock system. But in many cases, there are signs to tell you that you need a door repair service, enabling you to keep the original door lock. Here are some FAQs people might have about door lock repairs.
1. Is it cheap to repair door locks?
Opting for door lock repair is sometimes cheaper than replacing the old locks. But it may not always be possible to repair them. This can be due to the lack of the necessary spare parts which are needed to get the mechanism to work, or because its condition is not applicable for a door lock repair. Sometimes, a repair would seem to do the trick, but it may not be a long-last solution, which will lead to multiple repair occasions, thereby making it more expensive to repair, than to replace. When in doubt, consult a professional locksmith, and they can best advise or you can read our tips on when to change your locks instead.
Our locksmith company upholds an honesty policy where we only recommend door lock repairs or replacements based on what the customer truly needs. So, you can count on us to let you know if a door lock repair is sufficient, or the door lock needs to be replaced. Our locksmith prices are also quoted transparently with no hidden costs.
2. Factors which affect door lock repair
- Door lock material: The kind of material the door is made up of. The lock can differ according to the type, like steel, aluminum, brass and more.
- Door lock type: It does matter whether you have thumbturn locks, deadbolts, mortise locks, electronic locks or any other kind of locks.
- Door handle type: The door lock repair will also depend on the handle to which it will be connected to. It could either be an antique door lock set design, a normal door knob or door handle
What kind of door lock repair services can you get?
All kinds of door lock repair fall within three usual cases:
- Door Knob Stuck: The door knob refuses to turn or it is because the lock is stuck and won’t open even with a key. A locksmith could open the lock without a key, but due to the nature of door locks, it would weaken the infrastructure of it. If it’s a less important door compared to your front door, a door lock repair in this case will do fine. But there may be a chance it will reoccur again.
- Loose Door Knob: The door knob or door handle has become loose, thereby making it useless as the door cannot be closed properly. Usually a loose knob or handle needs to be tightened or there may be other factors that could lead to it having come loose. If you have tried fixing the loose door knob yourself but it keeps reoccurring, or there are no visible screws on the door knob to begin with, a locksmith may be able to help.
- Spoilt Door Lock: The door lock is no longer working well, where even turning the lock does not engage the deadbolt to charge through.
If you are on the hunt for reliable residential locksmiths in Singapore who can carry out all the above door lock repairs and more, Little Locksmith Singapore is available as a residential, emergency or commercial locksmith to suit all of your door lock repair needs which should be on your radar. Their locksmiths are trained, experienced and trustworthy. You can rely on them and expect high-quality services which will suit your needs.
3. Not All Locksmiths Are Created Equal
There are scores of locksmiths in Singapore advertising their locksmith services. On top of that, not all locksmiths are able to provide the wide range of locksmith services at expert levels all the time. There are residential locksmiths, commercial locksmiths and emergency locksmiths and each of them do not always have the full range of locksmith services you might need.
4. Check Online Reviews
Locksmith services is a sensitive job and they do not have to get a certified license for it in Singapore. You wouldn’t want to entrust the only frontline defense you have against burglars and lockpicks to someone who has actually demonstrated they can pick locks and now know your address. Look out for the reviews of the locksmith company to note if they do indeed provide the service you are looking for, and what has been the customer’s experience with them. To learn more about us, check out our Little Locksmith Singapore reviews.
5. Stay With The Locksmith
Do not helicopter your locksmith while he is working of course, but do keep a watchful eye to make sure he is not duplicating your key for himself, or installing something he is not supposed to. Make sure that the locksmith also opens the door lock set package in front of you, so that you know it came from the original packaging and can see the full door lock set in there to know there is nothing “extra” provided.
6. DIY Door Lock Repairs Seem Easy Until It’s Not
Some people who end up contacting a locksmith has done so only because they tried to repair the door lock themselves and failed. Most customers do so because they don’t have the tools needed to start the job, and prefer a convenient door lock repair service from an expert. Sometimes when the matter is urgent, having someone else to do it for you quickly is just one of the benefits of engaging an Emergency locksmith services. Customers with no experience with door locks can spend up many hours searching for the door lock parts or door lock sets needed, getting the right tools, searching and learning from Youtube videos – only to possibly fail in avoiding common mistakes of door lock installation.
7. Get A Firm Locksmith Price
Some locksmiths are not honest and would show up to complete the job, only to say there were hidden charges for various reasons. At Little Locksmith Singapore, we always quote the total charges upfront, with all-inclusive costs. We also issue an official invoice to guarantee the nett locksmith price to the customer, so that they can be sure there are no hidden costs.
To protect yourself, you should be aware of what is the average residential locksmith price for door lock repair services.
If you are in need of a change in locks or even door lock repair in Singapore, look for a reliable locksmith that can help you with your emergency. Little Locksmith is your reliable service provider that can help with all kinds of door lock services. To see how we can help, take a look at our blog and projects. We guarantee workmanship quality with warranty, and you can read all about it in our locksmith reviews in Singapore. We operate islandwide and you find our locksmiths near you. Call +65 6653 6259, Whatsapp or email us at email@example.com to find out more about our services.